Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a Navaratna PSU under MOP&NG, Govt. of India.
A listed Fortune 500 and Forbes 2000 company, BPCL is currently organising Proficiency Test (PT) programs for the first time in petroleum industry in order to cater to the needs of petroleum sector laboratories in the country and adjoining regions.
The Bharat Petroleum Proficiency Testing Lab is located at Sewree, Mumbai and has been specially established to support the demands of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 accredited laboratories. With our rich experience in conducting Inter-Laboratory Programs for the past 9 years, all of which have been well received in the industry,the BPCL Proficiency Testing Lab has been successfully accredited as a PT Provider under ISO/IEC: 17043:2010 by NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories), an autonomous body under Department of Science and Technology vide No P/00003.
his accreditation was obtained with the following objectives:
1. To help the Indian Laboratories to improve their proficiency level by
- Making the PT samples easily accessible
- Providing samples at affordable cost
- Helping labs to save on outflow of foreign currency (incurred through overseas PT participation) and there by contributing to country’s exchequer.
2. To avail the opportunity provided by NABL and to establish as a reliable PT provider in the South East Asia.